Deposits and Excess Policy
Summary Cover Terms for Insurance through Kendall Cars Ltd
Part of your payment to Kendall Cars Ltd relates to insurance covering the hired vehicle specified on the attached hire contract. Where it is agreed by Kendall Cars to extend the period of hire the insurance will continue subject to payment for the additional period of cover.
The following are key aspects of the cover:
1) Legal Liability Insurance. This is unlimited liability in respect of third party bodily injury.Third party property damage for any one claim or series of claims arising from one cause has the following limits:
- £5,000,000 for commercial vehicles in excess of 7.5 tonne GVW and minibuses.
- £20,000,000 in respect of private cars and commercial vehicles not exceeding 7.5 tonne GVW.
- There is no cover if hazardous or dangerous goods are being carried unless a specific agreement is confirmed by the Underwriters.
- There is no cover if the vehicle is taken or used “airside” at any airport or airfield i.e. in an area where aircraft are to be found landing, taking off, parking or manoeuvring.
2) Collision Damage Insurance. This provides cover for accidental damage for the vehicle and for third party damage. Your hire will be subject to an insurance excess for each and every loss. The amount of excess will vary according to the type of vehicle hired and your age and driving history. It will be clearly listed in the Insurance Declaration that you will be asked to sign. The following damage is your responsibility in full and is not covered by the Insurance:
- Damage to tyres and wing mirrors.
- Damage to the interior of the vehicle.
- Damage caused by animal(s) internally or externally to the vehicle.
- Overhead damage – this being impact with any object that restricts the height access of the vehicle.
- Negligent damage – this being any avoidable damage caused, including water damage, other than a road accident with another motor vehicle, animal or with third party property.
- Damage caused by attachment of a roof rack, cycle carrier, ski carrier, trailer or snow chains.
- Damage to the vehicle if taken off a public highway including any consequential recovery cost.
The cost of the vehicle recovery following an accident. This to include recovery by either Kendall’s own recovery vehicles or by agents appointed by the Police and/or Kendall Cars Ltd.
3) Theft Protection Insurance. This cover provides against theft of the vehicle. You are responsible for the first £1,000 of each and every loss.
- There is no theft cover if the vehicle has not been securely locked and you have not removed the key.
- If a theft of the vehicle occurs you must report the loss to the hire branch or breakdown number and then without delay contact the Police and report the theft to obtain a crime reference number.
- If a theft of the vehicle occurs you must return the key to the vehicle hire branch immediately. Without the key any theft will be considered negligent and is your full responsibility.
- Items and goods left in the vehicle are not covered by the insurance.
4) Windscreen Damage Insurance. This provides cover for accidental damage to the front windscreen from stone impact or other road debris only. Any other cause is your responsibility.
5) Loss of Use – Following an accident or theft the standard daily rental charge will be made for loss of use of the hired vehicle for each day that it is unavailable for hire up to a maximum of 14 days after the incident.
6) No Dogs – Having dogs in our vehicles will incur extra cleaning charges.
7) Smoking in Any Vehicle – We operate a strict no smoking policy in all our fleet. Fines start at £50.00 for any sign of a vehicle being smoked in.