Foreign Licence Policy

All drivers must present a full valid and unexpired driving licence for over 12 months (for Minibuses and 7.5Ton trucks – 5 years). If the driving licence is written in a language and characters different to those of the country of rental, an International Driving Permit is also required. Renters are advised to check whether local authorities require foreign drivers to present an International Driving Permit to avoid the risk of potential fines. Renters with licences from countries who are not part of the International Driving Permit Agreement should carry a certified translation.

All renters must provide a valid photo ID such as driving licence, passport or ID card along with 2x proofs of address (utility bills within last 3 months). Visitors to the UK must also provide proof of return travel and accommodation information while in the UK.

Please note that we reserve the right to request additional ID or conduct further identification checks if needed which may include an identity check with an external organisation.

The following DVLA website provides details and assistance for Driving in Great Britain on a non-GB licence: