Deposits and Excess Policy
Summary Cover Terms for Insurance through Kendall Cars Ltd
Part of your payment to Kendall Cars Ltd relates to insurance covering the hired vehicle specified on the Rental Agreement. Where it is agreed by Kendall Cars Ltd to extend the period of hire the insurance will continue subject to payment for the additional period of cover. This includes CDW (Collision Damage & Loss Reduction Waiver) if accepted by the hirer in the original hire adreement.
The following are key aspects of the cover:
1) Legal Liability Insurance. This is unlimited liability in respectof third party bodily injury. Third party property damage for any one claim or series of claims arising from one cause has the following limits:
- £5.000.000 for commercial vehicles in excess of 7.5 tonne GVW and minibuses.
- £20,000,000 in respect of private cars and commercial vehicles not exceeding 7.5 tonne GVW.
- There is no cover if hazardous or dangerous goods are being carried unless a specific agreement is confirmed by the Underwriters.
- There is no cover if the vehicle is taken or used “airside” at any airport or airfield i.e. in an area where aircraft are to be found landing, taking off, parking or manoeuvring.
2) Collision Damage Insurance. This provides cover for accidental damage to the vehicle and for third party damage. Your hire will be subject to an insurance excess for each and every loss.The amount of excess will vary according to the type of vehicle hired, your age and your driving history. It may be reduced if you have elected to pay CDW (Collision Damage &Loss Reduction Waiver). Your insurance excess will be clearly illustrated in your rental agreement and you will have signed to accept or decline CDW. The following is the hirer’s responsibility and is not covered by the insurance provided by Kendall Cars Ltd:
- Damage to tyres and wing mirrors.
- Damage to the interior of the vehicle.
- Damage caused by animal(s) internally or externally to the vehicle
Overhead/Overheight damage – this being impact with any object that restricts the height access of the vehicle.
- Negligent damage – this being any avoidable damage caused, including water damage and/or other than a road
accident with another vehicle, animal or to do with third party property.
- Damage caused by attachment of a roof rack, cycle carrier, ski carrier, trailer or snow chains.
- Damage to the vehicle if taken of a public highway including any consequential recovery cost.
- The cost of the vehicle recovery following an accident or theft.This to include recovery by Kendall’s own recovery vehicles or by their agents or by Police. Recovery costs are capped at a maximum of £1500.
- Recovery and or repatriation of the vehicle from EU areas or non UK or GB areas. It is a condition of hire for vehicles used for foreign travel that the hirer purchases sufficient stand-alone overseas breakdown cover that includes the repatriation of the vehicle back to the UK including after an accident or theft. Evidence of this cover must be provided.
NEW CDW cover now available
Reduce the stress and financial worry of paying the higher insurance liability if you are involved in a collision. Our CDW cover reduces your liability if you have a collision whilst driving a hire vehicle, or damage that is caused to the vehicle whilst parked or unattended. Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) reduces the excess payable by the hirer in the event that the hired vehicle has been involved in a collision. This is a contractual waiver that must be taken at the start of the rental period rather than an insurance product. Typically, this will reduce the excess from between £1000-£1500 down to the deposit amount (£300 – £500). This depends on endorsements, driving experience, type of vehicle being hire and the intended use of the vehicle.
Our cover also removes the liability for LOU (Loss of use) following after a accident whereby you can be liable for up to two weeks LOU while the vehicle is in for repairs. CDW reduces this to zero.
The CDW option will be available during the checkout process.
3) Theft Protection Insurance. This cover provides against the theft of the vehicle and including parts or spare parts of the vehicle including catalytic converters. You are responsible for the first £1000 of each and every loss or the sum total of repair costs if they fall below the excess of £1000. CDW (Collision Damage &Loss Reduction Waiver) does not apply to vehicle theft with the exception of loss of use charges and does not reduce the theft excess of £1000.
- There is no theft cover if the vehicle has not been securely locked and you have not removed the key.
- If a theft of the vehicle occurs you must report the loss to the hire branch or breakdown number and then without delay contact the Police and report the theft to obtain a crime reference number.
- If a theft of the vehicle occurs you must return the key to the vehicle hire branch immediately. Without the key any theft wil be considered negligent and is your full responsibility.
- Items and goods left in the vehicle are not covered by the insurance
4) Windscreen Damage Insurance. This provides cover for accidental damage to the front windscreen from stone impact or other road debris onlv. Anv other cause is vour responsibilitv.
5] Loss of Use – Unless CDW is taken following an accident or theft the standard daily rental charge will be made for loss of use of the hired vehicle for each day that it is unavailable for hire up to a maximum of 14 days after the incident. This is capped at a maximum cost of £1250.
6) No Dogs – Having dogs in our vehicles will incur extra cleaning charges.
7) No Smoking in Any Vehicle – We operate a strict no smoking policy in all our fleet. Fines start at £50.00 for any sign of a vehicle being smoked in.