UPDATED: How to avoid those Penalty Charges…
We would like to help advise our customers on the most common contraventions – so that you can plan your journey and try to avoid these additional costs:
- NEW SOUTH FULHAM CLEAN AIR NEIGHBOURHOOD – there is a new Clean Air Neighbourhood being introduced to the west of Wandsworth Bridge Road, London, SW6. If you are using the streets in that location as a shortcut, please use the main roads to avoid getting a fine. For more information and how to enter the area without getting a fine, please visit https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/transport-and-roads/clean-air-neighbourhoods/south-fulham-clean-air-neighbourhood-project
- Please always remember to pay Congestion Charge when travelling into Central London and be aware that this charge is applicable for each vehicle, 7 days a week. For more information, please visit this website before planning your trip: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge
- When in London and travelling through Rotherhithe Tunnel, please make sure, that vehicle max gross weight is below 2000kg – you can get this information from our reception staff and any vehicle from the size of a small van can be over the limit. Please find more information on this link: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/rotherhithe-tunnel-restrictions?intcmp=52288 You can also check the weight on the following link yourself https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/
- When travelling through Dartford Crossing, please make sure you pay the toll charge for each crossing you do. More information about dart charge payments is this link: https://www.gov.uk/pay-dartford-crossing-charge
- Please also note that there are the following ‘Tolls Payable’, please make sure you will pay the toll charge for each crossing you do.
- TYNNE TUNNEL: https://www.tt2.co.uk/
- HUMBER BRIDGE: https://www.humberbridge.co.uk/humberbridge/toll-charges-restrictions/
- M6 TOLL: https://www.m6toll.co.uk/
- When travelling to Oxford City Centre, there is a Zero Emission Zone where only fully electric vehicles may enter. Please make sure you read the following information before traveling to this area. More information about ZEZ Oxford please see below link: https://www.oxford.gov.uk/zez
- Please do not use BUS LANES AND CYCLE LANES as this will incur in Penalty Charge notice being issued.
- Please do not stop on BOX JUNCTIONS (even with one wheel) as this also will incur in Penalty Charge Notice being issued.
- Please watch closely the signs when going into any roads in London area boroughs, as some roads are restricted and you must have a permit to enter, otherwise a Penalty charge notice will be issued for FAIL TO COMPLY. This is not shown by GPS.
- When parking anywhere, please look for Parking Information and adhere to them, as most places are private lands and most of them are payable or have time limits – not adhering to those, will incur in Parking Charge Notices to be issued.
- When visiting pubs/hotels, please also check, if you must register the vehicle as well as any hotels in UK.
- Airports in UK have drop off fee payable – please make sure you will pay this when collecting/dropping off anyone to avoid a Penalty charge Notice being issued. Please see below information on main ones – Heathrow and Gatwick:
*Each Penalty Charge Notice will incur an admin charge of £25.00, plus you will be still liable to pay the Penalty Charge Notice cost yourself.
If you have any enquiries regarding Penalty Charge Notices, please contact The Parking Ticket Department on 01483 575151.